Thursday, June 11, 2009

Trip to Baguio

Looking outside the window, I saw the people getting smaller, the air getting colder, and the trees getting taller.

I now knew that I was in Baguio.

My family and I, together with some of our relatives, went to Baguio for some rest and relaxation. That's what they knew. For me, this trip was, they say, a time for me to rest. But I can't, for I know that this will be the final days of my summer before immersing into med school next week.

But I digressed.

Anyway, we settled into a "manor-style" hotel and boy can you imagine what I saw when I went into our rooms we were checked in. There was not one, but two king-sized beds, and each one was good for two people. So, all in all, four people could sleep there. Luckily we can be accommodated, since we checked in three of these types of rooms, and we were many. We made ourselves at home, with my older cousins bunking with me, while Mom and her siblings and Mother (that is, my aunts and Lola) were in another room. As for our rambunctious kid cousins, they were in the third room, with the same accommodations as the other two rooms.

We went shopping downhill, after setting in all our things in our respective rooms. They bought some souvenirs here and there, while I settled for a straw hat. I always wanted to buy one back in the States, but they said it was too expensive, so I didn't bought one there. Luckily, they can be found here, and for a cost that was easy on the wallet, both theirs and mine.

We ate at the family-friendly restaurants located nearby, plus an ice cream parlor some meters away from where I bought the hat.

Haha, let me tell you, you could not believe who I met. This is between us, but the person I happened to met there was a professor of the medical school I will be attending next week. Imagine that.

The weather, which was unfairly rainy, didn't permitted us to go sightseeing, but we can save that for tomorrow, now can't we?

No comments: