Sunday, June 14, 2009

Last Days in Baguio

Today marks the beginning of the dream. It's back to reality, as I quote my own mother.

Back to reality, since I'll be going to med school tomorrow. I'll be probably forgetting a lot of things I used to enjoy back in college. A lot of things, actually, that I can't remember because I forgot. Haha. I digress.

As we pack our bags, check out at the counter, and travel downhill, I look back at the things I missed since going to Baguio ten years ago (it was my Mom who reminded me of that, since my sister and I were kids back then and could not remember), and look forward to what I'll be expecting once I step foot on the school where I will be finishing my medical studies. I'll happen to meet some old classmates, who they say remember me but I don't remember them, some people I attended review classes then, as well as a few familiar faces. After all, I've been living the last twenty years of my life recognizing faces but not names, so I'll be expecting myself surprising to find and meet them, as well as getting to know my future colleagues in medicine and current med school classmates.

Sigh.

No comments: