Thursday, April 21, 2011

Visita Iglesia: A Wanderer's Perspective

Today was my first visita iglesia.

No, not the online one which was recently unveiled.

I went with my grandma today, on my first official activity this Holy Week. As we were visiting each church, for a total of 7, here were my observations:
  • There are more people going to church here in the provinces.
  • They cover the statues of Joseph, Mary, as well as the crucified Jesus Christ, among others.
  • You can leave the church even before the Mass there ends, as long as you get to the Sacrament part.
  • It doesn't matter what dress you are in, as long as it's "respectable", whatever that means.
  • The list of activities cover the entire week, not just for the following days until Easter Sunday.

Here's the list of churches I've been to, in particular order:
  1. St Jude Thaddeus Parish
  2. San Ferdinand Cathedral
  3. Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
  4. Carmen of St. Joseph
  5. St. Isidore Parish
  6. Holy Face of Jesus Parish

I may not be able to post a detailed account of what actually happened. Suffice to say, it was a refreshing experience. I have a feeling I may not be able to do this again next summer, when it's the season of review classes for the upcoming medical board exam takers, yours truly included.

Happy Holy Week!

No comments: