Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 3: Shopping Spree

It's now been three days since I flied from Manila. It felt like one day has regressed here, since if my memory serves me right, crossing the International Dateline eastward subtracts a day from where you came from. I came from Manila, and came to Los Angeles, crossing the Dateline and the Pacific Ocean,

One word has been buzzing around the household. Shopping. The whole day was spent going through different brands, different clothing lines, that I had to carry "buttloads" of shopping bags around as they travel from one store to the next. It sucks to be the errand boy during these times. Luckily, there are benches strategically placed throughout the area, so I had the happiness of sitting on one of these wooden furniture as I watch my relatives taking in the sights of a truck full of apparel left untouched, and with the sales going left and right, who couldn't resist? I would, and I am glad I am not a shopaholic.

During the stroll, I experienced bouts of dizziness. Part of the reason is having to carry the bags, and the another part is due to hypoglycemia, since I had to carry these bags... and who else would but me. I happened to be the only able helping hand among us, with Uncle busy handling in the wads of dollar bills for his daughters, who I would confess to being crazy about shopping. I would hazard a guess it runs in the family. It stopped at me, but I digress.

As if the spending spree wasn't enough, we had to enter a store that sells everything at less than a buck. You heard me right, a store that sells everything, from grocery items to toiletries to cleaning utensils for 99 cents. Haha, imagine that. I happen to carry them, again, from the shopping cart to the cashier. Counting the cost of the pile of items my relatives had to stock, the total cost was not surprisingly less than a hundred dollars. Wow, talk about spending to the last buck.

I came back from my relatives home, tired but not sleepy, as I had to help them set up the table. Again, who else but me. Sometimes I wonder if I'm adopted in situations like this.

As I'm writing this, I've finished dinner and is now assisting my grandmother cleaning the table of plates and eating utensils. I will be ending this post with a line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There. Lame, I know. Who else but me would be such.

Oh and the time this is posted reflects what time is it here. It's morning in the Philippines. :D

No comments: